International Publishing Group, LLC
Hereafter IPG or The Company
What information does IPG gather about you?
IPG gathers the following information from our users:
- Personal information you that you agree to give us when you take certain actions on our website(s). This includes when you register, subscribe, order our services, order any products we offer, complete a survey we request, or give us your personal information for other reasons. This includes your email address.
- Tracking Information: This is information we collect about how you use our site that is collected as you use the pages of our website(s).
About Paid Products and Services
Our website is free. However, in the future we may sell products such as subscriptions and back issues. To allow you to buy any products we offer or may offer in the future, we collect and store your billing information as needed to complete the purchase. This includes such things as your name, address, and credit card information. Third parties who perform tasks needed to complete the transaction may need this information to complete your purchase on our, or their, behalf. Such parties include for example merchant services for processing your credit card. We only share your information with Third Parties to allow the processing of your purchase or registration request. Examples of this include completing orders and processing credit card payments.
Reader Surveys, Reader Panels, and Market Research
IPG includes the collection of research data and thus may collect your personal information regarding voluntary surveys, reader response, and comment forms. We may collect your information on our website, on the phone or via email. NOTE: Normally, we contact IPG Readers/Website users primarily using email. We provide you with a link to online surveys, but you may on occasionally be contact you by telephone or regular mail. All survey data that we collect is reported, and/or used in aggregate form only, and no personally identifiable information is released.
Combined Information Collected Through Technology
It is standard practice on many websites to use “cookies” and other technologies to recognize you. Monitoring website data helps us understand how to make sure we are providing a quality service for you and how we can improve it. Things we moniotor includes
- Which parts of our website are the most popular with our viewers where our visitors are coming from or going to when they leave our site.
- How much time our visitors spend on our site and what individual pages they visit. Like most website owners, we use Google analytics and other technologies to do some of this collection. We reserve the right to change the vendors who provide us with usage data without notice.
- Your IP Address – We use IP address logs in a combined fashion to track access to our site. This combined log data is used to analyze the way our website is used.
What do we do with the information we gather about you?
- Statistical Analysis – IPG may perform statistical, demographic and marketing analyses of subscribers, and their subscribing and purchasing patterns, for marketing and customer service purposes
- Products and Services from IPG – From time to time, we may provide our customers with information and offers about other products offered by IPG. These products may include subscriptions, back issues, and renewals. We only share this information internally. If you do not wish to receive such information and offers, you may opt-out.
- Email Newsletters – If you choose to receive them, IPG will periodically send you email newsletters. IPG complies with the federal CAN-SPAM Act of 2003. We will not share, sell, rent, swap or authorize any third party to use your email address without your authorization. If you feel you have received an email from us in error, please contact IPG at (***[email protected]),.
- Email Promotions – If you provide IPG your email address as a customer or newsletter subscriber, IPG reserves the right to send you promotional emails about products and services offered by IPG marketing and fundraising campaigns, and occasional events that IPG participates in. You may opt out of these emails at any time.
- Survey Email – We may on occasion send you an email inviting you to take part in our user surveys. User surveys are valuable tools to help us to improve our Website, magazine, or other services. We do not share the information we collect in our surveys with third parties without your written permission which may include permission on the forms, prior authorization, or via email.
Emails We Receive From You
If you send us email, we want you to understand that the information you include in any email may not be secure unless you have encrypted it. If you did not encrypt it, others may be able to see it including hackers. We suggest using caution when deciding to send any personal or confidential information via email. We will use your email address to respond directly to your questions or comments.
Email This Article Feature
This feature is a benefit to IPG readers, so that they may send links they find interesting to friends and others through email. The email address(es) that you supply using this service will only be used to send the requested article.
Sharing Of Your Information?
- IPG will not sell, rent, swap or authorize any third party to use your email address without your written permission which may include permission on the forms, prior authorization, or via email.
- If IPG decides to print our magazine(s) in the future, and you become a print subscriber to IPG’s magazine(s) to which you subscribed either by mail, phone or online, we may exchange or rent your name and mailing address (but not your email address) with other like-minded organizations through direct mail. If you prefer that we do not share this information, you may opt-out, either by logging in to your account and choosing that option, or by emailing customer service at (***[email protected])
- Service Providers – IPG may contract with other companies to provide services on our behalf, including credit-card and billing processing, shipping, website analytics, for remarketing, or to advertise IPG products on the internet. We give these companies only the information they need to perform their services. These service providers are restricted from using your data in any way other than to provide services for IPG. They may not share or resell this data.
Opting-out from receiving newsletters and promotional offers
- Email Newsletters – IPG offers several email newsletters. If you no longer wish to receive a specific newsletter, simply follow the “unsubscribe” instructions found clearly near the bottom of each newsletter. To manage your IPG email preferences, use the manage/change link on the email we sent you.
- Email Promotions – If, at any time, you prefer not to receive email marketing information from us, simply follow the unsubscribe options at the bottom of each email. To manage your IPG email preferences, please go to the manage/change link in the email newsletter.If you have any trouble with the unsubscribe process, please contact us at (***[email protected]), and give your email address along with the name of the newsletter from which you would like to unsubscribe.
- Print Promotions – In the event we decide to publish in print form, if you do not want to share your address, you may opt-out, either by logging in to your account (account###) and choosing that option, or by emailing customer service. Email us at (***[email protected]), put “don’t share my name” in the subject and include your subscriber number and name in the email body. If you don’t know your subscriber number (found on the address label of the magazine), you will need to include your address as well, so we can correctly identify you.
Security of your information
We use reasonable precautions to protect your personal information and we store it securely. We do this by encrypting sensitive information you send to us online (such as your credit card number) so it remains secure. If you do not feel comfortable sending us your credit card information over the Internet, please call the IPG office (XXX-XXX-XXXX), or print the page and FAX it to (XXX-XXX-XXXX) You can also simply mail it to us. (address)
IPG’s Child Protection Policy
Children Under 13 – We take child protection very seriously.
We do not intentionally collect any personally identifiable information from individuals under the age of 13 and we will make every effort to remove any details of such users where a parent or guardian has informed us in writing including via email that these details have been collected.